![]() |
Found this post on Reddit and decided to share.
Experiencing a fire can be quite devastating, one just as to remain strong.
It happened to me too about 2 months ago, yes, in Lagos Nigeria. I didn't bring anything out myself but thankfully the drawer where my international passport was kept, didn't burn fully and I could replace it.
Phew!
Here are some of the interesting comments from the Reddit post: Some are hilarious!
My dog
Everything is backed up to the cloud, can't download a dog
My girlfriends butt
Money
Wouldn't your money be in a fire proof safe?
My phone...
Assuming that I can easily grab the stuff on my nightstand, I would pull my 3D printer from the fire. It is easily worth 50% more than anything else I own.
My laptop. It's got personal information on it, it's expensive as f**k, and can always be used to help me find another place to live on Craigslist.
whats Craigslist?
it's a website where people go to find places to live. duh
in which countries its service available?
My grandpa.. he can't walk.
I actually was in this situation when one of my dumbass neighbors was warming up oil to fry fish, and then fell asleep with the fire on. Smoke filled the entire 4th floor and they were yelling at all tenants to evacuate. First thing I grabbed was my pet bird. I had renter's insurance, so everything else was replaceable. Ran down 4 flights of stairs with this heavy ass birdcage.
My bag. It has all the stuff I need
My cat. Everything else is replaceable.
My porn collection hard drive. n(and someone replied 'Priorities' tow
The fire, so it'll stop burning my house down
Probably my macbook. Simply because it's one of the more expensive assets I own, and I'm sure I would need it a lot after my house burnt down.
lol. True true, but still I could manage not having a phone, and it's 30% of the cost of my laptop, ya feel?
I always have a huge plastic bag at the end of my bed so I would absolutely throw all my shitty anime figures into it. You can't get some of them any more. They're worth more than I get paid.
My cat, because even though he's a useless bastard who lays around all day and eats up all my food, I love him.
A Fire Extinguisher.
my computer.
I have my phone and wallet in my pocket already, and my computer is the only other thing with important stuff on it.
My wifi
My safe, insurance will cover everything else but I need to prove that I'm me and it's my stuff.
Get a fire safe so you can grab something else and not worry about it.
Or just a fire house.
I have this huge American flag (post flag) in my house that one of my best friends gave me some years back. He used to hang it in his house and he gifted it to me when he moved out of NYC.
He's a U. S. Congressman now. Which I think is really cool. Grabbing that first for sure.
Anything living, everything else is covered by insurance.
Edit: and rip my hard drive out, lots of pictures on there that can't be replaced.
My hassleblad 500c, it's the least replaceable thing I own, and I can use it to document my house burning down. Maybe swing an art show out of it
The Communist Manifesto
If you aren't considering pets (my loyal 13yr old chihuahua) and children (my two sweet daughters) to be "things"... the thing I would run out with is my Kindle! I can't make it a few hours without my Kindle.
My safe because well... It has money and papers and gold.
My important documents.All ready in filed so its easy,even i might have time to spare.
My house
I'd grab my house.
Cat.
My computer because I gotta finish answering this goddamn question...
Laptop.
I spent £1000/$1475 on it, it's easily the most expensive thing I own (I'm a bit frugal) and it's portable.
I do have house insurance, but I don't trust those guys.
I have a Hook poster signed by Robin Williams. I'd grab that, assuming my animals were out of the house.
The papers! I've got a binder with all the certificates, be it school, insurances, banking etc. Trying to rebuild my existence after my home burned down would be tremendously harder if i didn't have all the necessary documents.
My pug!!
My 4 year old.
Because he's my best friend. Today he was showing me how he can hop on one foot! Lol.
If I saved my wife, she'd be mad I didn't save our son.I feel the same way.
A box of matches. Time to get some sweet revenge on some dickheads.
By little dog, because she is my baby
My grandfathers hat
I would say the cat, but she's pretty smart and agile, I think she'd have bolted out the door or window even before us (we're pretty lucky that our window opens onto the neighbour's roof, so it's a possible fire escape for us too). Another possibility is that she might attempt to hide from the fire in her cupboard or under the bed, then we would have to retrieve her.
I don't really value anything else enough to enter a burning building for it, even if I had some divinely inspired knowledge that I would have just enough time to grab and go. Maybe my computer, but that would take too much time to unplug everything so I don't think it counts as having enough time for 1 thing.
I honestly think I would just grab my jacket. You always need a jacket and I honestly think it's the most valuable thing I own. It's a nice leather jacket, and I don't have a smartphone and my computer is 8 years old anyway
My guitar. Bought it through money that my grandfather left me, it has a lot of sentimental value to me
my hard drive. i have a lot of shit on there, and by shit i mean porn.

No comments:
Post a Comment