Friends TV series star, Jennifer Aniston has spoken up about discovering that she had dyslexia in her early 20s and how the diagnosis came about in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. Dyslexia is a common type of specific learning difficulty that mainly affects the skills involved in the reading and spelling of words.
"The only reason I knew that I had it was because I went to get a prescription for glasses. I had to wear these Buddy Holly glasses."One had a blue lens and one had a red lens. And I had to read a paragraph, and they gave me a quiz, gave me 10 questions based on what I'd just read, and I think I got three right. Then they put a computer on my eyes, showing where my eyes went when I read. My eyes would jump four words and go back two words, and I also had a little bit of a lazy eye, like a crossed eye, which they always have to correct in photos."It turned out that the revelation suddenly gave explanation for a lot of the actress's childhood frustrations. I thought I wasn't smart. I just couldn't retain anything - now I had this great discovery," she said. "I felt like all of my childhood tragedies, dramas were explained." she said.
No comments:
Post a Comment